Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chasing the Sun.

From that morning that I so had
9am, a hasty departure from love so mad
Till the moment I sat alone hurting and sad
Without what was mine, it hurt so bad

I sat in that seat, and away I go
Away from the comfort I treasured so
Away from the home I love and know
Away from piercing dawn, the morning show

Face stained with evidence of pain
As the plane pulled away to foreign rain
A lingering, longing chant of disdain
"Stay strong stay calm, stay thoroughly sane!"

So here I am, chasing the sun
Quickly, hastily, I need to run
Land me there or darkness has won
This isn't a joke, this isn't pun

Keep me in the morning's ray
On this incandescent 8th of may
Never let the night time say
"The sun is down, my time to play"

Please,
please.
Let today
Forever,
Stay



No comments: