Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh, you.

When I first saw you-

You looked at me with your diamond sky-blue eyes,
You calmly walked up as far as you could,
Your gaze caught me, followed by the rest of you,
While I stared at you, you casually strode away,
but just a bit.

Then you looked again, with those sparkling jewels.
Your tenderness was evident.
You were gorgeous.
At that moment, from that distance,
I fell in love with you.

I wanted to bring you home.
I wanted to have you.
I wanted you.

But I knew I couldn't have you.

She gave us a price, 200 bucks.
She wanted you gone,
Before you were too old to be sold,
I wished I could've bought you
Brought you home

But my home is not open to you,
although my heart was.

And so there I left,
I left you in that pet shop,
I left without feeling the softness
of your cotton-satin white fur

I left without you.

I left with that huge regret,
Of never owning one,
One like you.

1 comment:

Jared C said...

U wanna adopt mine? Few months old only... For... FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!